The David and Jayne Paterson Scholarships
Tenable at the University of Oxford
For 2021, up to three scholarships for students tenable at the University of Oxford will be awarded under The David and Jayne Paterson Educational Trust (the "Trust"). The following regulations will apply to these scholarships:
- The scholarships will be known as The David and Jayne Paterson Scholarships, and will be awarded annually.
- Each scholarship of £10,000 will be tenable for one year and will be paid directly to the University of Oxford towards the total College and University fees.
- The scholarships will be awarded to Chinese nationals who are resident outside the European Economic Area (EEA), who have completed the majority of their formal education in the People's Republic of China, and who have graduated from the China University of Political Science and Law ("CUPL"). Applicants will be graduates of not more than four years standing who intend to return to the People's Republic of China to pursue a career in the legal profession.
- The scholarships will be awarded to students who will have confirmed places at the University of Oxford for one of the following courses: MJur, BA in Jurisprudence, MSc Law and Finance, MPhil in Law or DPhil in Law.
- If no candidates are judged to be of sufficient merit, no awards will be made. However, the Trustees reserve the right to make awards to candidates who obtain confirmed places at other universities in the United Kingdom to study equivalent courses.
- Applications are now invited for the scholarships to be awarded in the academic year 2021-2022.
- Applicants should apply for a place at the University of Oxford through the normal admission process. CUPL applicants are advised to contact Ms. Tang Yan at the Office of International Cooperation and Exchange (Tel: (10) 5890-8556 / Email: [email protected]) when preparing application materials.
- More information can be obtained from the following website: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions
- The University of Oxford will write to each applicant announcing the results. At the same time, the Trust will also be informed by the University of Oxford the names of the CUPL candidates who have been accepted by the Faculty of Law.
- The selected candidates will receive an Offer Letter from the Trust confirming the award of the Scholarship.
- The scholarships will be awarded by the Trustees of the David and Jayne Paterson Educational Trust.